Monday, May 23, 2011

My ACen 2011 Badge Design Contest Entry

The folks who run Anime Central (the anime convention in Chicago--okay, technically Rosemont) had a contest a while back to design the badge for the 2011 convention.  Besides size restrictions, the only other requirement was that it feature at least one of the three established con "mascots," sisters Jaye and Elle Aoi (an anime nod to Chicago's Blues Brothers), and their fox/human hybrid friend, Kit. Here's the design I submitted.


The original design also had Kit in his fox form hanging off the tail of the paper crane, but I had to leave him out because I ran out of time.  Seriously, I was working on this thing up until deadline (hence why the background looks half-arsed, haha).

In the end, my design wasn't the winning submission, but that's okay.  I probably could have uploaded this to the sketch blog way before, but I figured it would be best to wait until after the convention had come and gone, just in case :)

No comments:

Post a Comment