Saturday, May 14, 2011

Good Stuff

I don't like leaving my blog saturated with so much negativity (that is, the whole fraudulent ATM withdrawal ordeal from a couple of weeks back) so I thought I'd update with some good stuff.  This doesn't include new drawings or projects unfortunately, but I have something to share with you all later this week.  Just a fun little side project that I did for a friend :)

And then in about a week I'll have some photos of the coat and the costume that I've been working on.  Every minute that I'm not spending at work I'll be planted in front of my sewing machine in preparation for ACen (Anime Central) next weekend.  ACen is always a ton of uber nerdy fun--It's the one event I spend an entire year looking forward to.  More than my birthday, more than Christmas (then again, I haven't really liked the holidays since I was a kid).  And then next Sunday night (the same day as the last day of ACen) we'll be having our 2nd foosball tournament at work!  It'll be a packed weekend :)

The week after that will be pretty hectic as well because I have a lot of artwork that needs to be finished by the end of the month...  But after this last grouping, the rest of the work that needs to be done on the project will go pretty quickly in comparison.  It's been an on-going project for over a year because I haven't been able to consistently devote a lot of time to it.  Even if I wasn't spending every minute of my free time to the project I still felt that year's worth of stress, so I'm really looking forward to when it's wrapped up and I have a lot more freedom on my hands.  June cannot come soon enough :)

Switching gears a little bit, I'm happy to report that last night was the first night in at least a month that I got a decent night's sleep!  Yay!

Last night was also just a lot of fun in general.  My friend Kim's boyfriend had a birthday shindig at Dave & Busters.  A night of games, wonderful people and a very sweet surprise (Thank you! ;) ) Who could ask for more?

Well, I'll need to stop here for now because it's time to get ready for work.  Closing shifts on Saturday nights aren't exactly my favorite, but at least I'm spending my night with some of the best co-workers ever :)

1 comment:

  1. I expect to see pictures from this convention (including ones of YOU). I also expect you to be refreshed and ready to kick ass Sunday night!!

    ReplyDelete