Sunday, April 10, 2011

New Toy :D

I just splurged and bought a new sewing machine!  We have one at home already, but it's kind of old and nobs are missing.  I'm not entirely sure how to use some of the functions (much less what they are) so the lack of instruction manual is vexing.  Plus the original pressure foot/pedal died a couple of years ago.  I bought a replacement pedal long since then, but it seems to be a more generic kind that doesn't allow you to vary the speed.  Not good if you don't know what you're doing.  Which I don't.

The machine was on sale at Joann Fabrics for about 50% off.  Normally I'd be very suspicious of such a good deal on a machine, but it received good reviews pretty consistently.  Anyway, I'm merely a sewing novice, so I don't need a lot of crazy bells and whistles.  I can't wait for it to arrive so I can get started on my costume!

Speaking of which, the hat for my costume came a couple of days ago.  It's a tad bit big on me (which is surprising considering I have a big head), but it was pretty cheap and only requires minor tweaks.  So, overall I am very pleased :)

No comments:

Post a Comment