Monday, March 7, 2011

Revelation: Batman is a Korean Chick



Based on a true story  (Featuring two of my co-workers extraordinaire, Megan and Richard, who were there to witness this ordeal, haha) :P

I don't know why, but my Batman T-shirt always gets a LOT of attention whenever I wear it.  I've had quite a few people call me Batgirl and ask me about the state of affairs in Gotham City etc.  I find it all pretty amusing so I don't mind it at all.  This one recent incident, however, made me seriously consider going home to change.

I was working at one of the computers when out of no where this kid shouted at the top of his lungs, "Look!  It's Batman!  He's HERE!!!"  The decibels this kid hit were so earth-shatteringly intense that the whole store fell silent (except for his embarrassed mom who was trying to shush him).  The thing that confuses me about all of this is that the kid was definitely old enough to know that Bruce Wayne and I look nothing alike.  Also, I'm a girl...though apparently I don't look enough like one (thanks, Kid).  

I guess if anything, maybe that explains why no one was ever able to figure out Batman's true identity--They were looking for an Asian chick the entire time. 

--------

I wanted to try and push this drawing out ASAP (hence the flat colors and the BSed background), but part of me is considering going back and finishing this drawing properly.  With all the detail I'd want to include, it would take forever though.  What do you guys think?  Should I also work on a super polished version?  Let me know what you think in the comments section :)

1 comment:

  1. HAHA! That's awesome Saemi(Batman), i think it's already really good and captures the moment, but if you were to add more detail to give it that comic book flourish, that'd be pretty sweet too!

    Good work, look forward to more!

    ReplyDelete