Sunday, September 4, 2011

You Can Call Me Knuckles

The roller derby team I joined this summer had a photographer come in a couple of weeks ago to take group shots and head shots of all my fellow DuPage Derby Dames.  Unfortunately, I missed that practice and thus, have no photos.  I wasn't too disappointed because we'll have more photo shoots in the future, but seeing everyone's head shots did make me feel like I missed out just the tiniest bit.  So, I did the next best thing and drew my own derby shot!

I look so much cuter here than in real life, hur hur hur :P

Also, while it will be pending approval, it looks like my official derby name will be Knuckle Sammich.  It was suggested by my future sister-in-law (that is, my brother's fiance).  Honestly, I wasn't 100% sold on the name, so save for a few co-workers and friends, I mostly kept it to myself.  Here's the kicker though, out of no where, the Dames nicknamed me...Knuckles.  Sign from God?  Some would say it is so...



No comments:

Post a Comment