Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Tattoo Design!

I recently received my first real request for a tattoo design from 2 of my derby league-mates.  Don't get me wrong, I've had people ask me about tattoo designs before, but most of those people were either indecisive or merely entertaining the idea--Few were seriously considering permanently inking their skin.  This was the first time that someone (well, 2 someones) actually went through with it!

And what was the design of?

A saucy pin-up girl?
A fire-breathing dragon wrassling a panther?
An ode to the memory of a loved one?

NAY!

'Twas 2 high-fiving cartoon cats, bahaha!

Magical things happen when those paws touch

I offered to draw something a little more realistic, but this is what they wanted :)  And apparently the actual tattoo artist just happened to be one of the Chicago Bruise Brothers. Oh derby, the strange ways you bring people together. 

I think my next tattoo design should be a lemur eating a doughnut with sprinkles.

This also needs to be added to my resume:  Artist.  Illustrator.  Derby Skater.  Tattoo Designer.

No comments:

Post a Comment